Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Baby is 8!!!

I can't believe that Cameron is 8! I don't feel old enough to have an 8 year old, but I guess I am! I am so thankful for Cameron! I could not have asked for a more perfect boy! Cameron is such a good boy that I often worried that he would not make it to 8 years old because he was just to good! Here are a few things that make Cameron so wonderful!

He:

* has an amazing imagination
* worries about his mom more than anybody
* is so smart
* never does anything wrong
* wants to please others
* loves life
* is great with kids
* makes friends wherever he goes
* has a passion for things
* has learned sarcasm(from his mom)
* respects everyone
* loves Jer
* never lies
* makes funny faces
* Is a spitting image of his dad (Ryan) looks and personality
I could go on forever but those are just a few things that I love about my little (not so much anymore) boy!
I decided that being a parent is hard because your kids have to grow up and learn and grow and we can't protect them from everything and hold their hands forever. We just have to let them go off on their own a little at a time. I am so greatful to know that Cameron is such a wonderful kid and that he does make good decisions so when I do let go a little more everyday as he gets older I don't have to worry as much! I guess letting go is us learning and growing too! Funny how life happens!

11 comments:

Angie Marchbanks said...

Cami- I can't believe that you have an Eight Year old. Tell Cameron that we wish him a Happy Birthday. Love ya
Angie

Angela said...

Wow! When I look at the pictures I have to remind myself, "Yes...even though I haven't seen Cameron in a few years, he has gotten older." I went back to our old ward a few weeks ago and was shocked at all the babies (when we were teens then) aren't babies anymore...they are teens/adults. Time goes way too fast!

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Cameron! HE is a great boy. You got one of the best. It's hard not to want to hold on to them forever. But, as you said, a little at a time.

Holly said...

Cam-
Everything you said about Cameron was sooo true. He really is a great kid. He is so good with his little cousins. We love him!

Ash said...

Cam hi! I found you through Ang and Mand and Heidi. So fun. What a darling family. You look so beautiful Cam. I am loving those colors you wore for your family pictures. That gives me some ideas. So good to see you Cam, through a blog I guess. Keep in touch.

Heidi said...

Wow Cami! An 8 year old. He does look just like his dad.

I can't believe how fast time flies!

Mama Apes... said...

Wow 8 years old...I still remember when we lived accross the street from you guys and he was just a baby! What a big kid now! How time does fly...for us all! miss you!!

The Gibby's said...

Cami- hey! It was so good to read up on our whereabouts. I hear ya on the "all boys and me" thing. I have two sons as well, but I wouldn't have it any other way! You look as beautiful as always and so happy! I love your post about the two men in your life. As if you weren't blessed to meet your first husband, but then another great husband/father? You look beautiful and your little boys are adorable. Let's keep in touch!

Tiff said...

Cami-Hey it's Tiff (Soelberg) and I'm so glad you tracked down my blog. What a cute family you have. I can't believe you have an eight year old! I love your family pictures. You look beautiful. So good to hear from you and I'm glad you are doing well. Keep in touch.

Andrea said...

Yay! I am so glad that you found my blog and that we're in contact again. I just invited you. I have thought about you SO MUCH since our 5 year reunion (when I saw you last) and am so glad to see you're doing well. We for sure need to get together some time and catch up!

Brooke said...

Cami, I love your feelings on being a mom to your boys. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I didn't know that it was you for a sec. I just work out of my home in Lindon. So, give me a call. I would LOVE to do your hair and get caught up. 801-404-2300